Campsite Terms and Conditions and Rules:
By booking you agree to the following terms and conditions and campsite rules, and are aware that if you breach any of these rules it may result in your immediate removal from the campsite, with loss of the rest of the value of your stay.
The following terms, conditions and rules are in place to help ensure the safety and enjoyment of all when staying on our campsite.
- A deposit of £20 per pitch is needed at the time of booking.
- Full payment is due three weeks (21 days) prior to your stay.
- If full payment is not received three weeks (21 days) prior to your stay your deposit will be lost and the pitch will be resold.
- Cancellations will result in loss of deposit.
- If you cancel more than 3 weeks (21 days +) prior to your booked arrival date the £20 deposit will be lost but the remaining balance that has been paid will be refunded.
- If you cancel under 3 weeks (21 days) prior to your booked arrival date this will result in loss of the £20 deposit and the full balance.
- Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- In the event of a pandemic or other natural occurrences, please ask for our update policies on these.
- We recommend taking out holiday insurance to cover any cancellation.
- All transferred bookings must be transferred within 6 months of first booking.
- Always report to reception before pitching as if you pitch in the wrong place, you will be asked to move.
- Arrival and check in for all pitch types is from 1pm till 9pm.
- Late arrivals must notify reception of their estimated arrival time before 5pm on the day of arrival.
- Pitches must be vacated by 11am on the day of departure unless a late stay has been requested.
- Any bulk waste must be taken away with you (i.e. tents, air beds, groundsheets, camping chairs).
Pitch, occupancy and booking
- One unit (tent, caravan, motorhome, campervan etc.) per pitch. If another tent is required, a 2nd pitch must be bought and paid for.
- Pup tents are NOT Allowed.
- Gazebos, awnings or any extras are an additional cost.
- You are responsible for booking an appropriate sized pitch for the unit you are staying in and any extras you may be bringing, so that they do not encroach onto other pitches.
- We reserve the right to move you to an alternative pitch than the one booked for any reason.
- On Bank holidays it is a minimum stay of three nights for all pitches.
- At weekends (Fri-Sun) in mid and high season it is a minimum of two nights stay on pitches.
- In low season one-night stays on are permitted.
- Emergency access roads must be kept clear at ALL times and not obstructed in any way.
- No more than 6 people in one unit/ pitch.
- No large groups or parties, no more than 5 units/ pitches booking together.
- All pitches must have the correct name and contract details for the customer who is stopping onsite.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians staying on their pitch.
- Each pitch needs to have the correct details of the people staying on the pitch.
- Children (under 16 years) need to be back on their pitch between 10pm and 7am with the acceptation of the use of the bathrooms.
- Dogs must be kept under control and on a lead at all times.
- Dog’s mess must be cleaned up and disposed of in the dog bins provided.
- Dogs are an extra cost.
- There is to be only ONE car per pitch. Any extra cars must be checked in, paid for and parked in the main car park.
- There is a 5mph speed limit throughout the site which must not be exceeded.
- Cars should be parked adjacent to any slops on the campsite. Your car must be parked safely, with the hand break on at all times.
Fire pits and BBQ’s
- All fires and BBQ’s are to be lifted off the grass.
- We do rent fire pit’s at reception, you are unable to pre book these.
- Hot ashes/BBQ coals must not be disposed of in any of the bins until completely cooled/extinguished.
- Fishing rules must be adhered to and tickets purchased at reception.
- Any day visitors must check in and pay at reception when they arrive. Day visitors’ cars are to be left in the main car park unless the visitor has mobility issues/other special circumstances and all visitors must vacate the site by 10.00pm.
- Please be aware that due to the rural location and changing flora/fauna we cannot guarantee reliable wi-fi or phone signal.
- Do not damage, harm or disrupt any of the flora or fauna on the site. If any damage is purposefully caused you will be a charged for repairs and/or possible legal proceedings may ensue.
- There is to be no noise (i.e. music, shouting, loud talking) or moving vehicles between 10.30pm and 7am.
- Before 10.30pm any music and noise must be kept to a reasonable volume so that it does not disturb other guests and does not go beyond the parameters of your pitch.
- Weather related instances are beyond our control and we take no responsibility for this.
- If you see any illegal/potentially dangerous behaviour/activities please contact the appropriate authorities (non-emergency police contact: 101) immediately and/or inform the campsite office.
- In the case of an emergency please call 999.
- Please be aware that during the low season the campsite is in a state of various ongoing renovations.
- Respect our facilities. Do not drop litter. Please leave the toilets as clean as you found them and report any issues to the duty warden. No vandalism.
- Report any accidence or incidence to reception as soon as you safely can.
- Any abusive language/actions (i.e. aggression, yelling, intimidation, violence) towards members of staff or other guests will NOT be tolerated and will result in immediate removal from the campsite.
- Children should be supervised at all times. Parents are solely responsible for their children’s behaviour and safety.
- If you have any problems (including noise disturbances) outside of office hours please call the out of hours (24hr) contact number provided, we cannot deal with problems after the fact.
- Picnic benches are not to be moved without permission.
- Pre erected units (Shepherds hut, bell tents, Yurts etc.) are not to be entered unless you have booked them, are visiting someone who has booked them or have been given permission by a member of staff.
- Dug in fire pits and the sheltered cooking area are solely for the use of Bell tent/ Yurt/Shepherds Hut occupants unless permission by a member of staff has been given.
- No water balloons are allowed.
- No rope swings allowed.
- Any litter must be disposed of in the general waste/recycle bins provided. All large items must be taken home and disposed of correctly.
- No recreational drugs allowed onsite.
- No rope swings allowed.
- Be prepared for any adverse weather conditions.
- No swimming, fishing or paddling in the stream or the nature pool.
- Data Protection: The information taken at time of booking is required to be collected for the purposes of processing your reservation with us. We may process your data to keep you informed of our activities and to keep you updated with news, offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information for the marketing purposes described in this paragraph, please let us know. We may also disclose your data to CampStead Ltd who may contact you, inviting you to complete a questionnaire and review regarding your stay at our park.